Monday, July 23, 2012
How to prepare Aloo Matar / Potato Peas
Potato - 1/2 cup
Peas - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/2
Tomato - 1/2
Turmeric - pinch
Green Chillies - 3
Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Hing - pinch
Curry leaves - 4
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a vessel, add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, onion, green chillies and cook until raw smell is gone.
2. Now add tomatoes and cook untill they are smashed well.
3. Now add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and mix well.
4. Now add chopped potatoes and peas and cook untill they are done. Add water if necessary.
5. Add Garam Masala and mix well. and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with any indian bread.