Wednesday, July 11, 2012
How to prepare Green Peas Pulav
Green peas - 1 cup ( if you are using dried peas then soak for 5-6 hours and pressure cook)
Rice - 1 and 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 and 1/2 big
Ginger-Garlic chopped - 1 tsp each
Bay leaves - 3
Cardamom - 3
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 6 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp chopped finely
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 min in water and drain it.
2. Heat oil in a vessel, add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and fry well.
3. Now make a paste of above fried ingredients (onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes) with cumin seeds, coriander powder and chilli powder
4. Heat oil in a vessel and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, feenel seeds and fry for few seconds
5. Add the soaked and drained rice and fry it for 2 minutes
6. Now add the paste, green peas and mix well and cook for another 2-3 mintues.
7. Add water, ghee and salt and cook untill rice is done (Make sure to add less water as rice would have absorbed water when it was soaked)
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with raita or chutney. It tastes good even as it is.